From "Niklas Gustavsson" <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject FtpServer milestone plan
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:13:58 GMT
Hi

I would like us to start discussing to road to a first 1.0 release of
FtpServer. Here's my view at how I would like to organize our
remaining work, feel free to provide input about timing or stuff you
would like to include or exclude. Note that this list start with the
M2 milestone, we actually have a M1 milestone that was never relased
but since its been tagged and discussed previsouly, I would like us
not to reuse it. Number are cheap :-)

Also note that my aim is not to set this plan in stone but rather get
a common view on what we focus on in the coming months.

FtpServer 1.0-M2
* Spring configuration done and stable, this also includes removing
our home-grown IoC code
* General clean-up of the code as an effect of the above item
* Updated the documentation to reflect the new configuration

Hopefully this can be done within the next few weeks and we could then
aim for a first real milestone release

FtpServer 1.0-M3
* Getting FtpServer running in performance benchmarking to ensure we
find the most obvious bottlenecks
* Integrating JSecurity and throwing out our user management
* Updated the documentation for user management
* Enable FtpServer to work well in an OSGi environment. For example,
structuring our package structure so that it work with OSGi and
finding Ftplets using OSGi whiteboarding

FtpServer 1.0-M4
* Feature complete for 1.0
* Stable API
* Complete documentation for 1.0

FtpServer 1.0-RC1
* Bugfixes and simple additions only

After that we'll use as many RCs as necessary to get a stable 1.0 relase out.

What do you think?

/niklas