From "Niklas Gustavsson" <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: MinaListener
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 07:20:50 GMT
Hey Curt

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 12:34 AM, Curt Johansson <curtj@telia.com> wrote:
> I modified the configuration file as you instructed  and found that the
> NioListener is missing SetAddress and SetPort as per the "old" config file.

Address was a duplicate of ServerAddress and was removed as part of
cleaning up the code. Port is still in there in the same way as
before.

> Removed these from the config and got a port unreachableException on the
> first access but the access succeeded. I haven't investigated this further
> yet so I don't expect you to have an answer on that but could you share a
> sample config file that will work for the current implementation.

I've commited a few example config files that you can find here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/ftpserver/trunk/core/src/examples/resources/spring-config/

Please note that these are not tested so be prepared for surprises.
Also, at this very moment, latest FtpServer trunk does not build due
to a missing MINA snapshot in the Maven repos. I've asked for it to be
deployed, in the meantime you will have to build MINA on your own.
I'll notify here when things are back to normal.

Also, I'm about to commit command line and daemon support for the new
Spring config as well as documentation now that the site replication
is working again (yeay!):
http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/

> I also found a spring config-file in the test directory. I haven't tried it
> but saw that some entries in the original config file is missing, e.g.
> configuration of messages and file-system. Do I use the original config file
> to configure whats not in the spring config file if I use Spring?

Everything that was supported in the old config should be available in
the Spring based config. Messages and file systems certainly are.

/niklas