From "Sai Pullabhotla" <sai.pullabho...@jmethods.com>
Subject Re: Patch for FTPSERVER-222
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:26:59 GMT
I attached the patch as a file attachment to the bug. Hope that is
what you wanted me to do. If not let me know.

As far as calling afterCommand everytime, it is logical for an Ftplet
to always expect a notification when a command has finished running
(because that's what the method is intended for). For example, if I
have an Ftplet that traps the beforeCommand method and checks to see
if the user is authorized to run the specific command (for e.g. RETR,
DELE etc). From this method, I send 5xx reply if the user is not
authorized to execute the command. Now, from the same Ftplet, I
implement the afterCommand method and use it to do some kind of
logging which includes the original command as well as the result.
However, the afterCommand is not called if I returned a SKIP from the
beforeCommand which means, my log would miss this command unless I
duplicate the logging code in the beforeCommand also.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Sai Pullabhotla
Phone: (402) 408-5753