From "Sai Pullabhotla" <sai.pullabho...@jmethods.com>
Subject Active Data Connections cause a client lockup occasionally
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:12:18 GMT
OS: Windows Vista 64-bit edition.
Java Version: 1.5.0_16

the active data connections occasionally cause the client to lockup.
Basically, nothing is ever sent to the client, even though the server
thinks it did. I had some debug statements in the server code and the
server is happy, thinks it sent the dir listing or the file just fine.
However, the client gets nothing.

Below is the output from Windows command line FtpClient waiting for
data on the data connection.

ftp> cd ../inbound
250 Directory changed to /inbound
ftp> dir
200 Command PORT okay.
150 File status okay; about to open data connection.
drwx------   3 user group            0 Nov 20 10:37 test
-rw-------   1 user group        39936 Nov 20 10:31 SetVariableTask.doc
226 Closing data connection.
ftp: 131 bytes received in 0.00Seconds 43.67Kbytes/sec.
ftp> cd test
250 Directory changed to /inbound/test
ftp> dir
200 Command PORT okay.
150 File status okay; about to open data connection.

It is locked up for quite a while after that last line of reply. I got
into this issue two times in less than 10 minutes.

I got the same result with a couple of other FTP Client softwares.

I'm thinking it is a bug in MINA/WindowsVista x64/Java 1.5, but not
sure. Any one else ran into this/confirm?

Thanks.

Sai Pullabhotla
Phone: (402) 408-5753
Fax: (402) 408-6861