From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: Changing Permission at onUploadEnd
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 08:53:49 GMT
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Kandarp Desai<kandarpdesai@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a question regarding File permissions. I read the Earlier Thread on
> File/Dir Permission. But, unable to get all of it.
> After successful upload of file, I want to change it
> permission(users/group). After reading few threads, I came to know that I
> can use Java's run.exec function.
> But, It had some complexity. Can someone please explain what's the problem
> and solution?
> Also, someone mentioned "common-exec" word in that thread. Is it same as
> java's run.exec() or different?

You can certainly run system processes from your Ftplet. However,
doing so might limit your scalability and in some environment it would
not be allowed (as decided by the Java security settings). Therefore,
my opinion has always been not do does this the in FtpServer core
project. But, if your environment allows it, you can surely do it in
your Ftplet.

commons-exec is a utility for easier running processes.

/niklas