From "John Wilkinson" <John_Wilkin...@xyratex.com>
Subject RE: How to limit file upload and download to a set of directories.
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:07:10 GMT
Hi David,

Yes, I think I would use FTPServer, as this would fit into my java web
service.

The file system would look like this:

/projects/<ProjName>/<MediaName>/upload

There would be many projName and MediaName directories. The upload dir
would be a temp dir, created by the web service, created just so a user
can upload a file. Once uploaded, the web service would take over, check
the file MD5, and if OK, move it to the correct location, and delete the
upload dir.

So the FTP server just needs to limit uploads to /projects/*/*/upload, I
guess, at least as a first stab.

How do I make an FTPLet to do that? Me being very green on all this.

Does this make any sense, or is there a better way?

Many regards,
John.