From Sai Pullabhotla <sai.pullabho...@jmethods.com>
Subject Re: FtpServer hitting its limit?
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 16:12:09 GMT
I think the SO_LINGER is related to the time it hangs around even
though when the socket is closed. I also see this as a configurable
option in Tomcat's connector configuration.

The tomcat's documentation describes this field as below:

connectionLinger

The number of milliseconds during which the sockets used by this
Connector will linger when they are closed. The default value is -1
(socket linger is disabled).

If we disable lingering of sockets, it may avoid issues of too many
open handles. However, there may be some packet losses?

I'm no expert in TCP/IP, but I'm hoping some one from the MINA team
could shed more light on this. Do you think we should start a thread
on the developers list?

Sai Pullabhotla
www.jMethods.com