From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: FtpServer hitting its limit?
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:01:37 GMT
On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 11:39 AM,  <ar1@safe-mail.net> wrote:
> I have about 1000 connections every 5 minutes which creates about 35gb of daily incoming
traffic, so I think I'm hitting the limit of the apache FtpServer. How can I avoid it? Is
there a workaround?

Interesting workload. However, I do not know of any limitations that
should cause this.

> Also, since only one connection is allowed per port, is there a way to virtually increase
the number of ports to allow more simultaneous connections?

Have you restricted the ports FtpServer is allowed to use for passive
connections? Also, could it be that you use up the file handles
(sockets) for your OS?

/niklas