From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: FtpServer hitting its limit?
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:32:21 GMT
On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM,  <ar1@safe-mail.net> wrote:
> I'm unable to create a dump thread currently.
>
> I did managed to reproduce it locally, and I've attached the code.

In this code, your running in active mode (the command to enter
passive mode is commented out). Is this on purpose? Also, can you also
provide the code/configuration used to start the server? Which version
of FtpServer are you using? What's the result your seeing when running
this? Can you provide an output of netstat -a?

> In the sample code I'm using the dbUserManager (as on my server), and trying to login
100 simultaneous connections.

> Another issue i forgot to mention is that when i start the ftp server (as a standalone)
it starts with 1 db connection but after a while it grows to 8.
> Is this a normal behavior?

Depends on how you have configured your data source. Are you or your
JDBC provider for example using some type of connection pool (like
commons-dbcp)?

/niklas