From a..@Safe-mail.net
Subject Re: FtpServer hitting its limit?
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:49:25 GMT
Hi niklas.

I didn't restrict any ports, so it should be using all available.

Not sure regarding the file handles - how do I check it? I'm using windows server 2003.

By the way, every time it happens, I just restart the ftp server and it starts working normally
again. Since the ftp connections increase daily (more users), and it happens more regularly,
that's why I suspect I'm hitting limit of apache FtpServer.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 11:39 AM,  <a...@safe-mail.net> wrote:
> I have about 1000 connections every 5 minutes which creates about 35gb of
> daily incoming traffic, so I think I'm hitting the limit of the apache
> FtpServer. How can I avoid it? Is there a workaround?

Interesting workload. However, I do not know of any limitations that
should cause this.

> Also, since only one connection is allowed per port, is there a way to
> virtually increase the number of ports to allow more simultaneous connections?

Have you restricted the ports FtpServer is allowed to use for passive
connections? Also, could it be that you use up the file handles
(sockets) for your OS?

/niklas