From Vinicius Carvalho <vinicius.carva...@sambatech.com.br>
Subject OnUploadEnd being called twice
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:55:43 GMT
Hello there! We have an FTP server running for the last 4 months. It's quite
stable, but a few weeks ago we noticed a strange behavior. When sending
large files (we experienced this with files larger than 100mb). The client
side gets an acknowledge, but on the server side there's an error:

[31/12/09 11:12:45:045 BRST] ERROR
org.apache.ftpserver.impl.DefaultFtpHandler: Exception caught, closing
session
java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
    at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:21)
    at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:233)
    at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:206)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:236)
    at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.NioProcessor.read(NioProcessor.java:179)
    at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.NioProcessor.read(NioProcessor.java:41)
    at
org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoProcessor.read(AbstractPollingIoProcessor.java:585)
    at
org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoProcessor.process(AbstractPollingIoProcessor.java:563)
    at
org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoProcessor.process(AbstractPollingIoProcessor.java:552)
    at
org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoProcessor.access$400(AbstractPollingIoProcessor.java:56)
    at
org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoProcessor$Processor.run(AbstractPollingIoProcessor.java:891)
    at
org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:64)
    at
    at
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

And because of this, the onuploadend is called twice. We can reproduce this
with several clients, with large files, on all of them, the error happens.
The problem is that our FTPLet depends on the onuploadend to process the
file sent.

Is there a reason for this? Is there any other info needed to help me on
this?

Regards

--
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the
rational mind is a faithful servant. We have