From Sai Pullabhotla <sai.pullabho...@jmethods.com>
Subject Re: List command return null or empty list
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:13:09 GMT
The reason is - Apache FTP server always returns the directory listing
in UNIX style, irrespective of the operating system it is running on.

2010/6/29 Volkan İSTEK <Volkan.ISTEK@provus.com.tr>:
> Hi every body,
> We have to use two type FTP server (new one is apache FTP sever) on same windows machine.
We use org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient as a client and FTPClientConfig for configuration.

> Configuration code is that:
>
>                FTPClientConfig clientConfig = new FTPClientConfig(
>                                FTPClientConfig.SYST_NT);
>                // Configure
>                clientConfig.setServerLanguageCode("en");
>                clientConfig.setServerTimeZoneId(TimeZone.getDefault().getID());
>                /*
>                 * To create a FTPFile object fully default date format should
be
>                 * specified, If not specified, FTP file properties like timestamp,
size
>                 * would containt the default values not real (Format --> 05-22-08
>                 * 10:08:AM)
>                 */
>
>                clientConfig.setDefaultDateFormatStr("MM-dd-yy HH:mm:a");
>
> However list command is not working on apache FTP server. On the other hand if i use
FTPClientConfig.UNIX instead of FTPClientConfig.SYST_NT it is working. Does anyone know the
reason of that?