From Sai Pullabhotla <sai.pullabho...@jmethods.com>
Subject Re: check if address already in use
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:07:43 GMT
I thought the SO_REUSE is used only when the socket is in a TIME_WAIT
state; i.e. only when it is closed. If there is a socket active (not
closed), SO_REUSE should not have any affect and binding to the same
port more than once should result in an error. I tried it on Vista
64-bit, using a 64-bit 1.5 JVM, and it did fail on the second bind
attempt. Not sure if making SO_REUSE configurable would much
difference, except when restarting an FTP server.