From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: Apache FTP server / OSGI
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 21:01:46 GMT
On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Charles Moulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have discovered that the librairies of Apache FTP server are compliant
> with OSGI platforms like Apache Felix or Eclipse Equinox. I have been able
> to deploy on Apache Karaf 2.0 but I have no idea is the server is running.
>
> Can someone tell me if the project is operational on OSGI platform ?

Yes, it should be. But, the only thing we do is to export the correct
packages. We do not start any services or similar. Thus, on an OSGi
platform, you should for example be able to start FtpServer using our
API. We have an example of doing this, in this case using Spring DM:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/ftpserver/trunk/examples/ftpserver-osgi-spring-service/

/niklas