From bisanthe <bisan...@gmail.com>
Subject Browser's Cache or Configurable on FTP Server
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 05:59:46 GMT
Hi,
I am using apache ftp server in my application.
It is a web based build tool. User select version of product to build. I
build product send them an email like
"You build completed please download from following link"
ftp://my-domain/builds -> no password here anonymous login.
for example builds directory has version1.zip and version2.zip and user
build version3.zip
When user clicked link in email, only version1.zip and version2.zip are
visible unless user press CTRL-F5 on browser window.
I have encountered same problem in both firefox and internet explorer. Is it
a web browser problem. It seems web browser display folder
content from local cache instead of current one from ftp server. I am
curious about that, is there an option in ftp server to force ftp clients
not to use local cache.
Always ask for latest content from ftp server ? May ftp server can send a
header to client about that. If there is not option like that I have to add
a notes section
at the end of my email.
Same thing occurs for log file. For example build failed and I am sending
email to user
"Your build failed
Log file: ftp://my-domain/logs/build.log
"
And user fixed errors started build again and build successful this time.
But when user clicked link in email build.log file still shows that build
failed because browser shows previous log file from local cache. File on
server states that
build successful but browser shows previous log file from cache and users
complain my build passed but log file says build failed. My reply is please
press ctrl+f5.
Thanks.