From Toli Kuznets <tkuzn...@marinsoftware.com>
Subject Is there a way to access the FtpSession.lastReply in the handleOnClose() call?
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 03:43:36 GMT
Hi,

I have a custom FtpLet and I wan to kick off a job on file upload, so
i override the handleOnClose() call.

I'm running into a situation where when my users use SSIS (scary
Microsoft product) to send files over FTP, they are not able to
establish a data connection to my server (separate problem), there's
an internal exception in STOR.execute() but I still get a callback in
onHandleClose()

However, when I get the callback, it's impossible for me to tell the
difference between a "successful" upload or a callback after an
exception when there was no physical file placed on disk.

Looking in the debugger, I notice that the incoming FtpSession is
actually a DefaultFtpSession that has an FtpIoSession that has a
getLatReply() method that can return me something useful
(REPLY_425_CANT_OPEN_DATA_CONNECTION in my case).
However, getting to lastReply is not exposed.

is there a better way to tell if handleOnClose() is being called on
success or failure? How can i tell those 2 situations apart?

My server is setup with all defaults for connections - in this case,
the connection is coming in as ACTIVE and for some reason i get an
exception when opening data connection, so i want to catch that case
and not kick of an event in handleOnClose()

This is on FtpServer-1.0.5, and the relevant stacktrace from the call
to handleOnClose() after the failed open of data connection is:
	at com.marin.plugin.ftpserver.FileUploadNotifierFtplet.onUploadEnd(FileUploadNotifierFtplet.java:70)
	at org.apache.ftpserver.ftplet.DefaultFtplet.afterCommand(DefaultFtplet.java:89)
	at org.apache.ftpserver.ftpletcontainer.impl.DefaultFtpletContainer.afterCommand(DefaultFtpletContainer.java:144)
	at org.apache.ftpserver.impl.DefaultFtpHandler.messageReceived(DefaultFtpHandler.java:220)

The "unable to open data connection" is below if it helps:
11 Feb 2011 16:15:30,977 DEBUG [pool-5-thread-1]
nativefs.impl.NativeFtpFile (NativeFtpFile.java:212) - Checking if
file exists
11 Feb 2011 16:15:30,977 DEBUG [pool-5-thread-1]
nativefs.impl.NativeFtpFile (NativeFtpFile.java:218) - Authorized
11 Feb 2011 16:16:45,931 DEBUG [pool-5-thread-1] command.impl.STOR
(STOR.java:134) - Exception getting the input data stream
java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:432)
	at org.apache.ftpserver.impl.IODataConnectionFactory.createDataSocket(IODataConnectionFactory.java:314)
	at org.apache.ftpserver.impl.IODataConnectionFactory.openConnection(IODataConnectionFactory.java:259)
	at org.apache.ftpserver.command.impl.STOR.execute(STOR.java:132)
	at org.apache.ftpserver.impl.DefaultFtpHandler.messageReceived(DefaultFtpHandler.java:210)

This is very reproducible, so i can provide any other information that
may be helpful.

I'm seeing similar behaviour directly from Windows FTP command-line shell.

all other use cases (from Mac, from Windows FileZilla, etc work just fine)

thanks!