From David Latorre <dvl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get the stream file
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 12:54:31 GMT
I agree with nilkas here for your use case. Still, are you sure you
don't need to store the file? I think there are a number of reasons,
mainly traceability, for you to keep those files as 'a backup' or in
case the file cannot be parsed.  I would rather have a copy of the
file that failed so I can check what the problem was.

Cheers,

 David

2011/3/3 Niklas Gustavsson <niklas@protocol7.com>:
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Pierre-Luc Pineault
> <pino_115@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> All I want is to parse a text file send by a user without storing the file on the
server. So, I see this is possible to get the data input stream from request by Ftplet onUploadStart(session,
request). So, I want to get the stream and parse each line to store the data in a database.
>> For the momment i am working with onUploadEnd() and I delete the file once parsed.
But, the best way for us is to parse.