From "Sachin Shetty" <sshe...@egnyte.com>
Subject RE: Has anybody used any kind of load balancing
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:45:37 GMT
Hi Toli,

There should be some more config changes due to the dual port nature of the
protocol right? How do you handle all the data connections on your lb and
make sure they are sent to the same ftp server?

Thanks
Sachin

-----Original Message-----
From: Toli Kuznets [mailto:tkuznets@marinsoftware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:06 PM
To: ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org
Subject: Re: Has anybody used any kind of load balancing

Sachin,

We use basic load round-robin load balancing via a separate hardware
LB, and our ftpserver instances point to a shared NFS.
works pretty well for us - we just have 2 separate instances running
on 2 separate physical machines.

so yes, we've done that, but it probably doesn't answer your use case
since it's a trivially simple load-balancing example...