mrql-dev mailing list archives

From "Fegaras, Leonidas" <fega...@cse.uta.edu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] about retiring the MRQL podling
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2017 12:43:29 GMT
Hi john,

I am on vacation right now. I will start the vote for retirenment at dev@mrql on Monday.

Leonidas Fegaras

------ Original message ------
From: John D. Ament
Date: 8/1/2017 9:41 PM
To: dev@mrql.incubator.apache.org;Fegaras, Leonidas;
Subject:Re: [DISCUSS] about retiring the MRQL podling

Hi,

So it's been about 2 weeks.  What would you like to do?

John

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 4:27 PM Leonidas Fegaras <fegaras@cse.uta.edu<mailto:fegaras@cse.uta.edu>>
wrote:
Dear MRQL community,
MRQL has been dormant during the last three months. MRQL is incubating
for more than 4 years. We had 4 releases but very little community
growth (one PMC member in 2014 and one committer in 2016). The
primary problems of this project are community building and
involvement. I would like to start a formal discussion on its
retirement due to lack of activity and growth. However, if you are
willing to get actively involved and/or recruit some new community
members, then I'd be happy to cancel the vote for retirement. Otherwise,
if there are no objections, I will call for a formal vote to retire on
dev@mrql, and if the majority votes Yes for retirement, I will call for
a vote on general@incubator.

Best regards
Leonidas Fegaras