mrunit-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik K <oss....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MRUNIT-56 - 0.8.0 release does not work with Hadoop 0.23
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 01:46:36 GMT
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Brock Noland <brock@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Karthik K <oss.akk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How about  hadoop platform specific profiles ( and adding appropriate
> > hadoop dependency ) , with classifiers as well:
> >

> http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/profiles-sect-tips-tricks.html
> >  .
> >
> > This should help generate maven artifacts with different classifiers
> based
> > on what people want to use , and should also update the artifact name
> (with
> > the classifier suffix) ?
>
> The only issue is that the maven lifecycle only compiles once, so you
> have to hack around to get both jars in one tar.gz. It was recommended
> we not do that here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRUNIT-56

Curious, why we need to get both the jars (compiled against different
hadoop platform versions) in a single tar.gz ?

How about doing the mvn compilation / assembly/ deploy lifecycle once for
each profile supported , to make sure they are indeed compiled against
different versions, packaged and are separate ?

And, people who want the appropriate versions can use the classifier to
pull the relevant libraries or download the package itself ?

--
  Karthik.