mrunit-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik K <oss....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MRUNIT-56 - 0.8.0 release does not work with Hadoop 0.23
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 19:36:53 GMT
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Brock Noland <brock@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hmm, I added the -D options earlier but clearly screwed something up.
> That works in the three jars get published:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemrunit-230/org/apache/mrunit/mrunit/0.8.0-incubating/
>
> Given that we have three jars with the same groupId and artifactId is
> there any risk of accidentally including more than one of the jars in
> the classpath?

There is also a classifier ( suffix name to the jar files ) to distinguish
between the same.

So - this must be ok, for maven and non-maven people to pick the right jar.

Maven people would use the following to import, what they want:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.mrunit</groupId>
<artifactId>mrunit</artifactId>
<version>0.8.0-incubating</version>
*        <classifier>hadoop20</classifier>*
</dependency>

classifier: (other values: hadoop100 or hadoop23, as appropriate ).

Non-maven people would just download the jar directly and incorporate in
their platforms.

So - I guess we are good here.