mrunit-dev mailing list archives

From Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: MRUNIT-56 - 0.8.0 release does not work with Hadoop 0.23
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 23:26:01 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Karthik K <oss.akk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another option is to, keep everything in trunk, and conditionally add
> source directory based on version specific code:
>
> As an example of how to include specific directories containing, version
> specific code, it is present here:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6025596/conditional-exclusion-of-file-from-compilation-in-maven-project
>  .
>
> Instead of branching , the latest code is still in trunk, but the 'shim'
> for specific hadoop version is in a specific directory , say
>
> src/main/hadoop23 and
> src/main/hadoop1x
>
> The latest code at any given time is still in the trunk, but based on the
> profile-id, the appropriate directories can be added.

The scenario here is that the source code is exactly the same but it
needs to be compiled against two versions of hadoop and then published
with separate names. The additional branch is just to update the
artifact name for publishing.

I am a maven noob, so I am unsure if that plugin will help with this problem?