mrunit-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Dechoux <decho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - maintain a single branch
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2014 17:28:08 GMT
I see two points.

1) Only adding features to the hadoop-2 trunk.
I guess most of us would agree on that part.
+1 for me

2) Fixing bugs on the hadoop-1 trunk.

The question I would have here is about versioning. We can't afford to keep
the same version for both but if there is two different current versions
then it should be explicit/obvious for the end user. Dave's proposal seems
logical.

hadoop1 -> 1.1.z : the version 1.1 is fixed and it is only minor bug fixes
so only the z change
hadoop2 -> x.y.z : the real active trunk of the project with bug fixes (z),
new features (y) and major changes (x)

I am afraid that I know hadoop1 clusters that are not likely to be upgraded
soon. It seems a bit harsh to state that the hadoop1 version is not
maintained anymore.

Bertrand