mrunit-user mailing list archives

From Ajay Srivastava <Ajay.Srivast...@guavus.com>
Subject Context and DistributedCache
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 05:53:04 GMT
Hi,

I am planning to use mrunit in one of the projects and written some test cases. These test
cases run fine for simple map reduce jobs but give error for most of the others.

For an example, in one of the map reduce job I have following code in setup method of Mapper
class.

context.getInputSplit()).getPath();

I get null pointer exception at above statement.  Is there a way that I can set this context
in test code ? If not, how can this kind of mrjobs be tested.
Similarly we are using DistributedCache in some of our mr jobs. How can I test such jobs?
Is there a mockup available for DistributedCache class in mrunit.

Regards,
Ajay Srivastava