mrunit-user mailing list archives

From Tom Wheeler <twhee...@cloudera.com>
Subject Presentation on Hadoop Testing at the Chicago HUG
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:27:07 GMT
I gave a talk [1] about testing MapReduce code at the Chicago Hadoop
User Group meeting last Monday night.  This was a shorter, and more
developer focused of a session I did a month ago at Strata + Hadoop
World in NYC.  Although I discuss a few testing techniques, I covered
MRUnit pretty extensively and thought it might therefore be of
interest to some here.

There were several demos and the source code to those is also
available [2]. The README.txt in the root of the ZIP file should give
a reasonable overview of what each demo does.

It seems that MRUNIT-53 (Create Tutorial and Guide) is still open and
work on it appears stalled.  If there's interest, I'd be happy to  use
the code and explanations from my talk to develop a more comprehensive
tutorial for the mrunit.apache.org site.

Tom Wheeler

[1] http://tomwheeler.com/publications/2012/TomWheelerTestingHadoopApplications-CHUG-November2012.pdf
[2] http://tomwheeler.com/publications/2012/tomwheeler_chugtalk_nov2012_demosource.zip