mrunit-user mailing list archives

From Tom Wheeler <twhee...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Reg: MultipleOutputFormat
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 15:02:56 GMT
I'm 99% sure that MRUnit does not currently support
MultipleOutputFormat.  While I was unable to find a JIRA about this
feature specifically, it's mentioned in an unresolved JIRA
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRUNIT-69) about future changes
to the API.

In the meantime, I think you could test much of this using JUnit.
That is, you could have a test case that instantiates your class, then
passes in a key and value to methods like generateActualKey,
generateActualValue, generateFileNameForKeyValue, etc. followed by a
check to see if they return the value you expect.  If you need to
actually test the output itself, you'd probably need to use the
MiniDFSCluster and MiniMRCluster classes to simulate a small cluster
in a test case.