mrunit-user mailing list archives

From Tom Wheeler <twhee...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How to set number of reduce tasks in MRUnit's mocked context object
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 23:32:27 GMT
Hi Dipesh,

I haven't looked at that part of the code, but based on my
understanding of MRUnit, it doesn't (generally) make sense to have
multiple reduce tasks in a unit test.  If your goal is to test a
custom partitioner, then I know that's not yet supported (MRUNIT-128).

You could maybe make the case that in a unit test you should be able
to set an arbitrary value in the configuration object and then be able
to to retrieve that using the corresponding get method.  Maybe you
could clarify what you want to accomplish by setting the number of
reduce tasks.

Tom Wheeler