mrunit-user mailing list archives

From Hien Luu <h...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Partial Avro MapReduce job
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 15:39:22 GMT
I ran into the same issue and the answer is at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15230482/mrunit-with-avro-nullpointerexception-in-serialization.

It would be great if this answer is added to the FAQ of MRUnit or one of the tutorials.

Hien

________________________________
 From: Dan Filimon <dangeorge.filimon@gmail.com>
To: user@mrunit.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:47 AM
Subject: Partial Avro MapReduce job

Hi!

I've been looking online for a way of testing my job and came across what seemed to be some
promising leads. [1]

I can't find anything exactly suitable to my case: I'm consuming a custom AvroKey and outputting
IntWritable, VectorWritable from the mapper.

I'm getting the following error:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No applicable class implementing Serialization in conf at
io.serializations for class org.apache.avro.mapred.AvroKey

And worryingly, .withConfiguration() is now deprecating in MRUnit so [1] doesn't seem like
it's 100% up to date.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MRUNIT/MRUnit+with+Avro