mrunit-user mailing list archives

From Bertrand Dechoux <decho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MR-Unit vs JUnit for unit testing
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 22:04:15 GMT
Hi Marko,

Well, that's basically the same as JUnit + Mockito + work. The question is
more about build versus 'buy'. Why would you bother building again
something that has already been built and is free? Time has been invested
to create a fluent test API. It would be strange not to use it.

That being said if your logic is complex enough, externalising it and
reducing the coupling with the Hadoop API is the right call. Then the tests
are about your logic and are not anymore related to Hadoop.

Bertrand Dechoux