nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Taft <a...@adamtaft.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 03:40:38 GMT
In terms of metaphor, we have:

existing: a torrent of water
proposed:  a droplet of water

I tend to view NiFi more as a never ending torrent, not a single droplet.
The waterfall speaks to me from this point of view.  Exploring the use of
the waterfall as a logo would be interesting, it's more alive, more
dynamic, more representative of data on the move.  I'd hate to see us
completely lose the concept in favor of the more polished droplet.

The three color presentation of the waterfall icon is also more simple and
clean, it will scale through different sizes, shapes and resolutions
better.  Gradients have a slightly "dirty" feel to them and tend to get
choppy when scaled.  Look at a 16x16 scaled version of the bgNifiLogo.png,
as an example (like what you'd see in a browser favicon.ico).

Not a down vote, just some observations.