nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Adams, Timothy M." <TIMOTHY.M.AD...@leidos.com>
Subject NIFI Requests
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 19:12:32 GMT
Hello All,

I had a couple of requests that I believe could be valuable functions in NiFi.

One is the ability to "hide" a queue from the count displayed in the summary near the top
of the GUI.  The reason for this is sometimes in a flow we have a processor that we have configured
to create a backlog, or to slowly work off/deliver data.  When we look at the "health" of
NiFi quickly, a large number in this summary area can be misleading when it is files that
are properly queued waiting to be delivered.

Second, is the ability in putEmail processor to add headers.  For instance if we could specify
that it is an HTML email we could then format the message using standard markup language.

Third, and this may be a limitation of the log back class but if it were possible to create
a logger for a particular processor and not the entire class that could be beneficial as well.
 For instance I can use the LogAttribute processor with an appender/logger to capture to a
log all files that have been seen in a particular flow.  However, this limits me to a single
LogAttribute processor for each level (INFO, DEBUG, etc).  If this isn't possible, perhaps
a processor that appends attributes/data to a configurable file would help.

If I can clarify anything please let me know.  I appreciate any consideration on my requests!

Thank you,
Tim
Leidos (formerly SAIC) Contractor
7120 Columbia Gateway Drive