nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Payne <marka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: New Database Connection Pooling Controller Service
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:11:45 GMT
Toivo,

I don’t think this has been addressed, but I do agree that it is needed.

We do have a ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-293 : Add a JDBC Processor
for executing arbitrary SQL queries. This ticket I think is related.

Feel free to create a ticket to address this. I would also call out in the ticket description
or a comment on the ticket that this is related to NIFI-293, just to provide a convenient
link so that if someone is interested in addressing one they can look at both.

Thanks

-Mark

From: Toivo Adams
Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎February‎ ‎5‎, ‎2015 ‎9‎:‎59‎ ‎AM
To: dev@nifi.incubator.apache.org

Often DataFlows contain many processors which deal with database - select,
update or delete different data in different tables.
Yet database is same and connection pooling helps to speed up connecting to
database (open connection is fairly expensive). Also configuration must be
done only in one place.
Database Connection Pooling Controller Service helps to solve this in
consistent way.

Or is this solved already or underway?

Thanks
Toivo