nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Taft <a...@adamtaft.com>
Subject Re: New Report Generator Processor
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 19:13:23 GMT
Birt should definitely be contained in its own nar.  I've worked with it
before, definitely has a dependency footprint that would justify being in
its own nar container.

Would recommend that you simply create a new nar bundle and put it
somewhere for the community to look at.  From there, we could decide on if
it should be integrated into the existing processors, or simply hosted
within the repository.

It's not a requirement that everything made for Apache NiFi is likewise
distributed exclusively through the Apache NiFi distribution.  You could
conceivably provide the source to your Birt nar from any external
repository (github, etc.).

Adam