nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Gilman <matt.c.gil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NIFI code build error
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 12:52:26 GMT
Pavan,

That environment certainly shouldn't be a problem. I just upgraded to maven
3.2.5 to confirm that weren't any incompatibles between maven and that
version of the YUI compressor plugin. Everything still built without issue.
I did notice that the version of that plugin is quite old. I will be
updating that for our next release [1]. Unfortunately, I am not able to
replicate your exact environment as I am running on OSX but I know that
others haven't had issues on Windows.

Based on the information you've provided, I do not know what the problem
is. However, I can offer these suggestions...

- Confirm that the YUI compressor plugin in your local repository is
correct by verifying the hashes.
- Run maven with the debug flag set (-X). This will create incredibly
verbose output so you'll want to redirect it to a file. You should then be
able to find the part where the YUI compressor is being invoked and there
may be more details there. Unfortunately from the standard output all we
know is that it couldn't create an instance of
net_alchim31_maven_yuicompressor.Aggregation
but it doesn't say why.

If these suggestions don't help, as a workaround you can build with the
'minify-and-compress' profile disabled. This profile is active by default
but when disabled, it will not minify and compress any of the CSS and JS
allowing for easier development but not recommended for production use.