nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Jennifer Barnabee <jennifer.barna...@gmail.com>
Subject README doc & NIFI-286 patch
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 16:45:35 GMT
Happy Tuesday!

I submitted a patch for NIFI-286 yesterday. It addresses typos in the
Overview that I didn't catch before and adds to the Admin Guide. Please
review the Installation section and the new Clustering section in the Admin
Guide. I welcome any feedback!

As a side note, I hate that the Security Configuration section of the Admin
Guide is still not done. It would be great to work with someone on that if
anyone is interested (or if anyone just wants to write it :-)

Also, I have a question about the README document. Now that I can grab the
release as a zip file and just unzip it, I see that the README doc might be
a little confusing. It tells you to go into the nifi-assembly/target
directory to find the build before you can start it. This only applies if
you have to build it first, right? Otherwise, you can simply navigate to
the bin directory to start it.

Here is the text in the current README:

To build:
- Execute 'mvn clean install' or for parallel build execute 'mvn -T 2.0C
clean install'

To start NiFi:
- Change directory to 'nifi-assembly'.  In the target directory there
should be a build of nifi.
- Unpack the build wherever you like or use the already unpacked build.
'<install_location>/bin/nifi.sh start'
- Direct your browser to http://localhost:8080/nifi/

Maybe we could change it slightly to:

To build:
- Execute 'mvn clean install' or for parallel build execute 'mvn -T 2.0C
clean install'
- Change directory to 'nifi-assembly'.  In the target directory there
should be a build of nifi.
- Unpack the build wherever you like or use the already unpacked build.

To start NiFi:
- Change directory to the location where you installed NiFi
- '<install_location>/bin/nifi.sh start'
- Direct your browser to http://localhost:8080/nifi/

Please let me know if this seems reasonable.
Thanks!
-Jenn