nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject behavior of posix vs gnu - Mac users and more
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 12:29:13 GMT
Hello

We have a report of issues building on Mac in particular due to long file
names.  Another dev has offered a patch which is solving it for them.

What I am concerned about here is tradeoffs/portability of using posix vs
gnu, etc..

I've always found tar/portability issues maddening but that is largely due
to my own ignorance.

Does anyone understand this problem well enough to make a suggestion?  I am
happy to apply this patch if it does indeed help Mac users but obviously
don't want to create problems for anyone else in doing so.

Thanks
Joe