nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: develop custom processor
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 15:57:22 GMT
Pavan,

Two parts to this:
1) How best to design the flow
  Best place to start for this is the overview [1] and user guide [2]

2) If any parts remain needing to be built then how to do so.
  Best place to start for this would be the dev guide [3] and looking at
the example processors links I sent previously.

For your description it is very possible the existing out of the box
processes do what you need.  But let's assume the xml transformation you
want to do requires something custom.  Your flow would be like this (for
example):

GetFile -> Custom XML Processor you build --> PutFile

[1] http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/overview.html
[2] http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/user-guide.html
[3] http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/developer-guide.html

If the documents as written and the examples provided leave specific gaps
please let us know.

Thanks
Joe