nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Payne <marka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: CRON schedule on the primary node
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 21:27:05 GMT
Ricky,

We just had someone else requesting the same thing a couple of days ago: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-401

There are reasons that we didn’t allow this originally, but those reasons are no long relevant,
so this really should be done.

Thanks

-Mark

From: Ricky Saltzer
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎March‎ ‎13‎, ‎2015 ‎4‎:‎44‎ ‎PM
To: dev@nifi.incubator.apache.org

Hi guys -

I'm having some difficulty figuring out how I would execute one of my processors on a CRON
schedule, and only on the primary node.

 Inline image 1

As a side discussion, do you think it would make more sense to separate the "On primary node"
option from the schedule dropdown (e.g. move into node preference)? This way it could apply
to either "Time driven' or "CRON driven"? This would also give us the opportunity to add additional
node preference options (e.g. run on random node). The idea here would be to set the schedule
as:

1. Pick "Timer driven" or "CRON driven" from the "Scheduling strategy" dropdown

2. Pick "On primary node" or "Random node" from the "Node preference" dropdown

--

Ricky