nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Aldrin Piri <aldrinp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 0.0.2-incubating (RC1)
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 23:46:08 GMT
+1, non-binding

Source distribution matches tag

Hashes match

Signature matches.  I did not see the .asc.sha1 and .asc.md5 files, but it
may be my misunderstanding of what is being specified in the release guide
[1] under "Validate the signatures of the sources artifact and of each of
the hashes"

LICENSE and README look correct

Application builds with check-licenses profile

Application runs with the generated assembly

As an aside, not sure if there is merit in such a utility, but I've
provided a script I made whilst going through the process [2].  Script, in
this case, is defined as a slightly cleaned up session of my terminal
session as captured via 'script.'

It is nothing overly elegant and  requires a proper shell, but it should
lower the barrier to other people performing checks on their respective
systems. The script follows the guide [1] fairly closely and automates
where possible, inclusive of starting NiFi and checking for the application
running (in this case, the API is responding to requests).

I'm not trying to remove the human, just give them the information they
need to make decisions in what are likely steps we are all making
separately.  This was created on OS X running a combination of default
system utilities with GNU alternatives brought in via homebrew.
Accordingly, no guarantee that this works on your system by just executing
it, but a few tweaks should get it to a point where it does.

[1] http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/development/release-guide.html
[2] https://gist.github.com/apiri/d3211a0b58608ba2db35