nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject How to actually announce the release?
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 13:32:51 GMT
Hello,

I am sorry for the TL/DR nature of this but I'd really like to not
screw this up and would like to document it well to make it easier for
others to act as the RM.

For the first release I didn't follow the step of announcing the
release.  That was largely because I didn't understand how to.

So this time I'd like to do it but I do have some questions.

1) Please confirm we should indeed send release announcements as a podling.

2) Can you explain what it means to have 'Announcments signed'?  [1] suggests
"this may mean creating a plain text signature on the machine used to
sign the release
and then transferring this".  Transferring it to what?

3) Can you confirm the addressees of the announcement:
- announce@apache.org
- general@incubator.apache.org
- dev@nifi.iao
- [REPLY-TO] general@incubator.apache.org

4) How does one send an email from an @apache.org address?

5) Here is the proposed message for this release:
SUBJECT: [ANNOUNCE] Apache NiFi 0.0.2-incubating release
BODY:

Hello

The Apache NiFi team would like to announce the release of Apache NiFi
0.0.2-incubating.

Apache NiFi is an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to
process and distribute data.  Apache NiFi was made for dataflow.  It
supports highly configurable directed graphs of data routing,
transformation, and system mediation logic.

More details on Apache NiFi can be found here:
http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/

The release artifacts can be downloaded from here:
http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/downloads/

Maven artifacts have been made available here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/nifi/

Release notes available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316020&version=12329373

Thank you
The Apache NiFi team

----
DISCLAIMER

Apache NiFi is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software
Foundation (ASF), sponsored by  Apache Incubator. Incubation is
required of all newly accepted projects until a further review
indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making
process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful
ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection
of the completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that
the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

+++++++

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#announcements