nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: prepare for apache nifi 0.0.2 incubating?
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 02:46:23 GMT
All,

You'll notice i finally kicked off the vote thread for 0.0.2 as we've
been discussing.

Couple of recap items for this release I think we should
discuss/consider for next time:

1) Our adherence to semantic versioning.
  Please review: http://semver.org/
  We have a few new features made available in the build.  That means
we should technically have called this 0.1.0
  I think given that a full month has passed we should have discussed
just calling this 0.1.0 and bumping the 0.0.2 items to it.
  This is not critical now but we should get better at this going
forward.  Folks will want the comfort of knowing the difference
between X.Y.1 and X.Y.2 is just simple bug fixes and nothing else.  I
would.

2) This release includes a good chunk of contributions from non PPMC
members.  This is great and a big thanks to those of you this refers
to.

3) We also must be cognizant not to let PRs sit too long unanswered.
  Joe Gresock has a PR sitting there which was from December.
  He did an awesome job of providing an idea, code, documentation,
examples, unit tests.  We're definitely throwing a party foul by not
engaging with him more directly on that.
  Now that case is slightly complicated in that we can probably
enhance it after the planned 0.1.0 release.  But still.

4) About that planned 0.1.0 release:
  We need a roadmap, even if very rough, someplace that is accessible.
Without it people don't really have a good way to know when/where to
jump in.

5) Anybody interested in being the release manager for the next
release (0.1.0 or whatever it ends up being)?
  I'll happily assist but it is very important that we have multiple
folks experienced and capable to do the RM task.  Not a pleasant job
but critical for the community for sure.

Thanks everyone!

Joe

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Dan Bress <dbress@onyxconsults.com> wrote:
> Joe,
>     Thanks, I did notice that JIRA ticket NIFI-333 is still listed as open/unresolved,
and has no fix version.  This is what you merged for me this morning.  I can't update this
myself because I am not the owner or creator.

> Dan Bress
> Software Engineer
> ONYX Consulting Services

on NIFI-333 [2].  I'm not sure its imperative that it get merged as part of 0.0.2, but it
does fully address everything the ticket mentions as being wrong.

>>>    Looking at the list of things that are fixed that Joe just sent out, NIFI-333
is not included and it was fixed in 0.0.2  This ticket should be marked as resolved and fix
version 0.0.2