nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adding 'apache-' to our artifact names
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2015 12:11:49 GMT
On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 11:49 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of other projects that do this?
>
> The standard post-incubator trademark guidelines already will have people
> saying "Apache NiFi" for the first reference in a document. That's plenty
> IMO.
>
> Also, we're still incubator, which means we have to caveat any claims to
> the ASF marks.

I know of examples in both directions. Lucene does _not_, to cite a big one.

It could be tangled up with the big trademark question: if the
trademark is (some day) 'Apache NiFi' as opposed to 'NiFi', it might
make sense for the file to be named 'apache-nifi-...'. However, I
would not change anything we push to Maven Central no matter what. We
could also ask for more broad advice; clearly at one point it was
endemic to make it apache- and then it appears that thinking shifted.