nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distinguishing between 0.2.0 vs 0.1.1 ?
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 02:12:23 GMT
Dan,

The release-...rc13 branch is mostly something without purpose at this
point as far as I know.

Our master branch has the latest release tags on it and represents the
code immediately following the last release.  It is at
'0.1.1-SNAPSHOT'.  If we had some critical need to kick out a pure bug
fix only 0.1.1 we could branch off there and apply the fixes and do
so.  When we finalize a release we merge the results to both master
and develop for this reason.  Now, during the release process and
afterward the develop branch just keeps on trucking along.

So to your point about the roadmap that we definitely do need to
narrow in on.  We had a thread about what to do in 0.2.0 recently.
That brought up some good things, resulted in some JIRAs, etc..  I
plan to send an email out in a few that outlines a proposal for 0.2.0
and 0.3.0 based on reviewing all tickets and such today.

The previous email about versioning describes a bit of the challenge
we face with ever really having much likelihood of a patch/incremental
release given the intent to adhere to semver at this stage.  Not a big
thing - just a thing.  But if we want to or need to we definitely can
so that is the key point.

Thanks
Joe

?

>     Is there any reason we cannot work towards both of these releases simultaneously?
>
>     If we decide to do a bug fix release, in which branch in git will those changes be
made?
>        - It feels like these changes would need to be done in a separate, so as not to
include the 0.2.0 features that people may be working on.