nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Clemens, Kristin E." <Kristin.Clem...@gd-ms.com>
Subject RE: Best dev environment setup for front-end work?
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 21:08:16 GMT
Mark,

I can certainly give it a shot! There are some other small issues I've run across while working
out the development kinks with my system. For example, on Windows 7 EE using Maven 3.2.5,
there are three plugin errors that occur but are easily fixed by adding the appropriate <pluginManagement>
tags in their associated pom.xml files. How would I go about submitting a pull request or
patch for something as simple a fix as that?

Kristin

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Payne [mailto:markap14@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2015 3:06 PM
To: dev@nifi.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Best dev environment setup for front-end work?

Kristin,

Great! Happy that you were able to get things sorted out.  I use Eclipse heavily but for
Java development, not UI stuff. I think most of the devs that contribute to the NiFi UI tend
to use Netbeans.

We do need to get something setup somewhere (possibly in the Developer Guide, the Quickstart
Guide, or even the new Wiki) for IDE-specific setup. For instance, we need to post a template
for code style and some templates for auto-completion of stubbed out statements.

If you're interested in writing something up for the next person who deals with this, we'd
be happy to make that available for others!

Thanks
-Mark

> From: Kristin.Clemens@gd-ms.com
> To: dev@nifi.incubator.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Best dev environment setup for front-end work?
> Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 19:11:24 +0000
>
> So, after all that it appears Toivo had it right! I tried not building it first and directly
importing the maven project in to Eclipse, and Eclipse is now properly recognizing the different
facets of the various modules. Huzzah!

> Thanks everyone for your patience, and Toivo for the simple suggestion. That part should
probably go in the developer’s quickstart guide under “For users of Eclipse…”. ☺