nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Taft <a...@adamtaft.com>
Subject Re: promoting flow configuration file from one environment to the other
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:13:37 GMT
Allan,

Most processor support the use of Expression Language for these types of
properties.  For example, InvokeHTTP uses the Expression Language for the
URL property.

Further, the NiFi EL can be configured to pull values from environment
variables or Java system properties.  Either of these options should allow
you to run the same flow.xml.gz in multiple environments, with the
appropriate values passed in from the NiFi host environment on startup.

I believe there is more documentation on this capability in the Expression
Language Guide. [1]

Give it a try and shout out if you have any questions.  Good luck.

Adam

[1]
https://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/expression-language-guide.html