nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Ghigiarelli <briang...@gmail.com>
Subject Connecting NiFi Processors without Drawing Lines
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 23:08:03 GMT
Hi all,

Is there a way in NiFi to connect two processors without manually drawing
the line between them (or calling the REST interface to create that
connection) ?

To better describe this particular use case, we have Template A as our main
flow.  We can deploy Template A onto our main Instance A, and everything
looks great.

Instance B uses the same template, but has an additional ingress path, so
we have created a smaller Template B to pull in that data. We'd like
Template B to drop-in to NiFi and automatically output to one of the
processors in Template A without having to manually connect them each time
in order to ease the burden of the deployment.

>From a flow layout, it looks like:

*Instance A:*
Ingress A --> Normalize --> Magic

*Instance B:*
Ingress A --|
                   --> Normalize --> Magic
Ingress B --|

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--
Brian Ghigiarelli