nifi-dev mailing list archives

From plj <...@mitre.org>
Subject Process to create multiple files
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 17:27:20 GMT
Howdy,

  I'm new to NiFi so please bear with me.  What I want to accomplish is:
      read an image file
     process the file to create one or more thumbnails from the image.
     Send the resulting thumbnails along the flow

    So I can use GetFile to read the file and then send it along.  I think I
need to write a custom java processor that will process the image file and
then send each of the thumbnail files (say .jpg for now) on to the next
thing in the flow (say PutFile for example).

    Are there suggestions on what I should implement or extend to create my
custom processor?  It will take in one file and output multiple files.
Would extending "PutFile" so that it processed and then puts each thumbnail
on the flow be a good strategy?  Other ideas?

Thank you,