nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Blue <b...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Write-Ahead-Log package name change?
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 18:38:02 GMT
Is the WAL a public API? I thought that it was internal, in which case a
rename should be fine. Otherwise we would have to bump the major version
number (or minor depending on discussion) to account for the change.

rb

On 08/03/2015 11:53 AM, Mark Payne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently realized that the nifi-write-ahead-log module (under nifi-commons) is using
a package name of "org.wali" instead of "org.apache.nifi.wal"

> This has been the package name since the software was open sourced, unfortunately. I
would like to change the package name for the 0.3.0 version of NiFi, if there are no objections.

> The pre-0.3.0 versions would, of course, still be available if anyone has a dependency
on the classes, but I would like to get this fixed so that it is correct going forward.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer