nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Blue <b...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Feature proposal: Read-only mode as default
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 20:02:35 GMT
If we're talking about read-only mode as a way to avoid moving
processors when moving around on the graph, what about implementing
something slightly different? What about having a toggle between
drag-to-scroll and drag-to-move? Then users could keep the toggle in
drag-to-scroll most of the time (and undo would put things back when the
inevitable accident happens).

Then deletes would be handled by more sophisticated rules, like not
deleting processors that are off the screen without confirmation.

rb

On 08/10/2015 12:58 PM, Dan Bress wrote:
> +1 to exactly what Mark described in his last email for a system wide preference.
>
> Although I'm curious how you leave read-only mode and get into edit mode?  And how do
you leave edit mode and go back to read-only mode?

> On one hand, if I do not intend to edit the graph and I accidentally move a processor
I probably don't want it to prompt me "do you want to enter edit mode?"
> -In read-only mode, I think it would be a nice user experience to click anywhere on the
graph(including on a processor) and it moves the entire graph.
> On the other hand, if I right click a processor and hit configure I'd like to leave read-only
mode and go into edit mode.  I'm not sure I'd even want to be prompted with "do you want to
enter edit mode?" here since I obviously do.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer