nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Payne <marka...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Write-Ahead-Log package name change?
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 19:01:46 GMT
Ryan,

The WAL is certainly not defined in the nifi-api. But it does live in the nifi-commons module.
Not entirely sure if i would consider it "public" or not.

My suggestion is to change the package name for the 0.3.0 release, which is a minor version.

Thanks
-Mark

> Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 11:38:02 -0700
> From: blue@cloudera.com
> To: dev@nifi.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Write-Ahead-Log package name change?
>
> Is the WAL a public API? I thought that it was internal, in which case a
> rename should be fine. Otherwise we would have to bump the major version
> number (or minor depending on discussion) to account for the change.
>
> rb
>
> On 08/03/2015 11:53 AM, Mark Payne wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I recently realized that the nifi-write-ahead-log module (under nifi-commons) is
using a package name of "org.wali" instead of "org.apache.nifi.wal"

>> This has been the package name since the software was open sourced, unfortunately.
I would like to change the package name for the 0.3.0 version of NiFi, if there are no objections.

>> The pre-0.3.0 versions would, of course, still be available if anyone has a dependency
on the classes, but I would like to get this fixed so that it is correct going forward.